Advanced Bodybuilding Mass Gain Part 2
Intermediate to Advanced Section mass gaining tips
How to avoid over training
Over training can seriously ruin and destroy all your muscle advances, it is easy to get carried away with enthusiasm, for example doing that extra set, doing that extra body workout.
But the truth is if you over train you will see no gains regardless of the intensity of your workouts. To alleviate over training you need to firstly look at the number of sets that you perform against the actual body part and then limit the number of sets.
As a quick rule of thumb if you have less than 6 months experience do no more than 5 to 6 sets for large muscles and no more 3 t0 4 sets for small muscle groups. Intermediates with 6 to 8 months experience, 6 to 8 sets for large muscle groups and 4 to 5 sets for small muscle groups. Advanced level should not perform more 10 to 12 sets for large muscle groups and 5 to 7 sets for small muscle groups.
If you are exceeding these numbers I am afraid you are over training and you are not going to maximise your muscle gains. Do not forget the 42 to 72 hour rest for each trained muscle group.
Now then lets get started with a proven Mass Building Routine
First remember these very important points to safely and effectively reach your muscle gain goals
- Always have somebody spot you on heavy exercises i.e. squats and bench
- Never miss a scheduled workout
- Avoid doing forced reps apart from the last set
- When you can do 5 reps without assistance on your final set increase the weight for the last set by upto 5 to 10 kgs
- Always maintain strict exercise form
Mass Building Routine
|Hanging Leg Raises||3 to 4||15|
|Barbell Preacher Curls||5||15-6*|
|Close Grip Bench Press||5||15-6*|
|Crunches||3 to 4||10-15|
|Incline Bench Press||6||15-5*|
|Bar Dips (with weight)||4||12-6*|
|Seated Pulley Rows||6||15-5*|
|Lat Pull downs (to front)||4||12-6*|
|Seated Barbell Shoulder Press||5||12-5*|
*means pyramid these sets
New Revolutionary Mass Building Program that guarantees new levels of muscle growth or your money back! Seeing is believing Click Here
Other Muscle Gain Parts
- Best muscle gain workout part 1
- Mass Gaining Routines and Over training Part 2
- Mass Gaining Diets Part 3
- Chest Training for Mass Gain Part 4
- Shoulder Training for Mass Gain Part 5